Effective Date: 01 Oct 2012
Amway Business Owners
How We May Collect or Receive Personal Data from You
Registration. Amway collects your personal data through the registration form that you complete and send to us in paper form or electronically through the Amway website (the “Website”) in order to become an ABO.
Logged in as ABO. If you are logged in on the Website as an ABO we may collect your personal data from you, for example, when you order products or services.
Contacting Us. You may also choose to submit your personal data and other information to us through various communication channels provided on the “Contact Us” webpage of the Website, for example, Amway e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or online forms.
The Types of Personal Data We May Collect
We may collect the following personal data from you:
• Contact information (e.g., name, postal or e-mail address, fax number and phone number);
• ABO organizational information (e.g., ABO company name, profession and ownership and management details);
• Gender, age, nationality, date and place of birth;
• Marital Status
• ABO registration number, username and password;
• Passport details (including number, issue date, issue location and expiration date) and National ID number to the extent permitted or required by applicable law;
• Payment information (e.g., such bank account or credit card numbers);
• ABO performance information (e.g., class, status, group and personal qualifications under the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan and financial/bonus history);
• Product preferences, purchasing habits, purchasing history and spending behaviour;
• Communication preferences; and
• Your website usage, IP-address, browser type and operating system.
We may collect other personal data in exceptional circumstances only. If we do need to process such personal data about you, we will make sure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so (e.g. your explicit consent).
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
• To manage your registration as an ABO . Click here to view the Terms & Conditions of your registration as an ABO ;
• Create and manage your online account and respond to your inquiries;
• Process your orders of products or services;
• Communicate with you (e.g., about products or services that we offer, or intend to offer);
• • Operate, evaluate and improve our business, including by:
• o Evaluating your satisfaction with our current communications, materials, products and/or services;
• o Developing new products and services and determining the effectiveness of our advertising; and
• o Tracking and analyzing your use of products, materials and/or services;
• Track, document and analyze your line of sponsorship;
• Assessing your performance under your Amway Business Registration Agreement with us;
• Provide business performance information to you (e.g., information on your line of sponsorship purchase volumes, earned bonuses, levels of awards, your referring ABO , and your upline ABO organisation under the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan);
• Provide your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to ABOs s in both your upline and your downline ABO organisation;
• Perform accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities;
• Enforce contractual terms and conditions;
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
If you choose not to provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide the above services.
How We May Share Personal Data
Amway does not sell, rent or trade your personal data. Amway may share your personal data only with:
• Entities within the Amway group to whom it is reasonably necessary or desirable for Amway to disclose personal data;
• ABOs in your upline or downline organization, to support your business and/or allow communication regarding product advice, ordering advice and product information for the products that you order from Amway; and
• Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others or ourselves.